STEREOTYPED BEHAVIOR CAUSED BY UAI AT WORK
Uncertainty avoidance describes the tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity. It indexes how uncomfortable or comfortable one feels in unstructured situations.
Low uncertainty avoidance index
- Few rules/ processes/ rituals/ violations acceptable
- Little standardization
- Managers think strategic
- Individual and risk taking decision making
- High fluctuation, adapt easy
- Relationship oriented and flexible management
High uncertainty avoidance index
- Many rules/ regulations/ rituals – violations not acceptable
- High level of standardization
- Managers think in details
- Collective and no risky decision making
- Cannot adapt easily
- Task oriented and dutiful management, seniority driven
Example: Steve Jobs unforgettable 2005 Stanford Commencement Address. Does “stay hungry, stay foolish” equal to high or low?
I like this website very much, Its a very nice post to read and get information. “The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives” by Albert Schweitzer.
Amazing speech from Steve Jobs, one of the best I’ve ever heard. He was really a unbelievable entrepreneur.
Wow… loved the speech by Steve Jobs!